Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X nonsense.

Just purchased 8 days ago.

That day I purchased in store I did a restore and updated software to 11.2.6 or whatever the most recent is.

The phone worked BEAUTIFULLY up until yesterday. Yesterday all the sudden - it gets super hot, battery drains in 4 hours, I can’t delete emails, text notifications don’t show - only the sound -, when I type a contact name in to text the iPhone will just erase what I typed.

Any ideas? I have not downloaded one new app since I was in the store 8 days ago.

Funny thing is my friend who has the x is having the same exact symptoms....

Miss my 6s........

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 10:05 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 4, 2018 11:06 AM in response to deggie

I will. Problem is though many things.

Hot phone

When I type, characters disappear.

I cannot type a name of a contact to send a message to because the iPhone erases what I type.

Before yesterday my it would charge fully in maybe an hour. Now takes 4 to 5 hours.

I just erased my phone to factory settings, still same issues.

When people text me I don’t see notifications. Only the chime. Yes notification are on for tests. Always have.

This just seems like iOS issues, not phone... my friend has had the x for 4 months now and we work together and he has the exact same issues as of yesterday.

iPhone X nonsense.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.