Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload photos from Windows PC folders to iCloud Albums

Hi:

I agreed to help a friend get their photos from their Windows PC to their iCloud Photos. I thought I could simply copy the folders to the iCloud Upload folder on the PC. Looks like it's not uploading the folders/photo files inside. They have 56 folders that they would like as Albums in their iCloud Photos.

I guess I can upload the photo files a folder at a time, but then they'll need to organize them into Albums on their iPad, an insurmountable task with so many photos.

Am I missing something here?

Is there a way perhaps to create an empty Album in iCloud Photos, then upload the files a folder at a time to the Album?

Also, must the PC stay logged in to the user profile for the uploads to continue, or if I logout will the PC continue to upload 'in the background."

Thanks so much for any input!

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:49 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 4, 2018 3:26 PM in response to LACAllen

Thanks for the input.

Guess one way to do it: iCloud.com allows click & drag or copy/paste from Windows Explorer directly into an Album. So, first create a new Album at iCloud.com, then copy/paste the files into the album. But must be done for each Windows folder so a bit time consuming.

Also, seems like if a large number of photos/files, then iCloud eventually returns the famous "Photos is locked. Due to account maintenance, photos is currently unavailable" error. Refresh iCloud.com and start again, at least it detects duplicates so no need to figure out which were already uploaded and which ones remaining.

Anyone have a faster way to get this done?

How to upload photos from Windows PC folders to iCloud Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.