Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share all of iCloud Albums at once?

OK, so I already had 30K images saved into "ALBUMS" using the local PHOTOS application on my iMac.

I wanted to make them available to family and friends so I purchased extra iCloud space to accommodate the 60GB of images.

Now that the days-long Herculean task of uploading is over I want to share all of those images with other friends. iCloud is limited to 1000 images at a time...bummer.

I do NOT want to give my Apple I.D. log-in info to anyone.

What is the best way to accomplish this? Do I have to create separate Albums or Folders within iCloud Photos? What is Photostream used for?

Why can't I simply give read-only, downloadable rights to anyone with an icloud account?

Does anyone know of a good workaround? I may check out Google's image cloud if I can get iCloud to do what I want.

thanks,

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:50 PM

See these articles Share iPhone photos with Shared Albums in iCloud - Apple Support

How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Use My Photo Stream on iPhone - Apple Support

About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Note : don't share photos in massive number they will stuck , and take days to upload in second device , high network speed is essential .

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 12:09 AM in response to Hair Farm

I wanted to make them available to family and friends so I purchased extra iCloud space to accommodate the 60GB of images.

Shared albums do not require your iCloud space. They are hosted by Apple.

Why can't I simply give read-only, downloadable rights to anyone with an icloud account?

That is just not in the design of iCloud Photo Library Sharing.

You can restrict albums to those you invite with an Apple ID but it's not read only.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/.

Jun 12, 2021 12:10 AM in response to Hair Farm

iCloud has two ways to share photos with friends and family, but you cannot share an iCloud Photos Library. You can share the storage in iCloud with family sharing, but the data you are storing in iCloud can only be shared in a very limited way.

• Shared album: To use Shared Albums, you do not need to subscribe to paid Cloud Storage. They are free. And that is why they are limited. Also, they should only be used to show your photos and videos, as they will limit the resolution to 2048 pixels at the longest edge of a photo, so you cannot share photos and videos in the full resolution.
  • Shared folders on iCloud Drive: You could export your albums as folders on iCloud Drive, then ctrl-click the folder and use the command "Share > Share folder".

As to your question: "Why can't I simply give read-only, downloadable rights to anyone with an icloud account? " Apple has developed the Photos.app and the Photos Library as a single-user database. iCloud Photos is a syncing service to keep our Photos Libraries identical and updated across all our devices, while keeping our photos private. we can share photos with others, but selectively. We are supposed to pick our best photos and share them individually with the handpicked persons who might be interested in them.

If you want a network photo library to be shared with several people, for collaboration on your photo projects, you need a different software. I do not know any to recommend, because I prefer to keep my photos private and only to share my best photos, selectively. And when I share an album, I do not give write access to the subscribers. It will usually result in others dumping thousands of photos into the album and making it unusable.

How do I share all of iCloud Albums at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.