Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad dock disappears after iOS 11.2.6 installed

After installing all the updates to iOS 11 my dock on my iPad Pro 10.5 keeps disappearing, shrinking to left side or splitting in half. If I shut down iPad restart it usually comes back first time. But this is a bother to keep doing. Any fixes for this yet?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:49 PM

10 replies

Apr 4, 2018 3:45 PM in response to Kewlzipity

I’ve been experiencing this issue for months, I’ve reported it to Apple via the feedback tool on numerous occasions, and also through discussions with a senior technical support colleague, however it hasn’t improved at all. Clearly Apple aren’t paying any attention to the issue and it appears have no intention of fixing it which is hugely disappointing and frustrating.

I’ve established in my case it happens after playing Angry Birds 2, not every time I play the game but it’s definitely the trigger, how playing a game can cause this issue is beyond me, how Apple have allowed it to go on for 5-6 months astounds me.

Yes you can reboot the device for a temporary workaround, however workarounds are supposed to be short term

Come on Apple....get your act together!

Apr 11, 2018 5:18 AM in response to Kewlzipity

I'm getting this frequently too. Only a reboot brings the dock back, but it disappears again within an hour of use

I don't believe it's related to any app, since an app should not have the ability to interfere with the OS.

Personally I think it's a bug relating to orientation lock, which Apple have not bothered to test properly in IOS 11.

When the dock disappears I can rotate my iPad into portait mode, and I do see the dock reappear although in completely the wrong position. Going back to Landscape mode the dock is not visible again, so it's like its displaying it outside the bounds of the display.

I have orientation lock almost permanently enabled, which has never caused a problem in previous iOS

Apple Tech Support suggested I reset my Home screen (resulting in all dock folders being lost, and 100+ apps all just reordered randomly). This had zero effect on the dock problem, but it kept me busy for a couple of hours sorting it all back out, thanks Apple!

Apr 11, 2018 10:18 AM in response to paulc_uk

I have the iPod Touch 6th Gen, iPad Mini 4 Gen, and the iPad Pro...only the Mini was experiencing the issue but with a simple power down and back up it would temp fix (Shutdown not Standby). Make sure you are running at least iOS 11.3 to solve the issue. I say at least because different bugs were discovered in 11.3 and a 11.3.1 is expected shortly according to devs. To upgrade go to Settings > General > Software Update. On this screen it will either say iOS 11.3 your software is up to date or it will have additional steps to upgrade. After upgrading iOS if you are still experiencing issues try Setting > General Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will default your iPad without your personal data being erased. A lot of times this dislodges settings or options that were stuck from previous iOS versions “After upgrades. In another forum I’ve heard of the issue happening on the 2017 iPad but it is scaled backed hardware from the iPad Pro and possibly could have resolution issues like other previous models. Oh Rovio...

iPad dock disappears after iOS 11.2.6 installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.