Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search not working in Settings app

This started to happen after I changed the Display "Zoom" setting from "Standard" to "Zoom" and I changed the default text size.

Despite enabling and disabling Spotlight Search and all the options available, Spotlight Search will not populate with the contents of the Settings eg. Backup, iCloud, Privacy, etc. I have to manually go to the location wherever these settings are located. What only shows up is my Apps eg. Music, Weather, etc.

I tried doing a Restore from Backup (both via iTunes and iCloud) and I was not successful in the search functionality working. Only if I reset my iPhone as a new phone will it show up. I'm guessing this is a bug within iOS 11.x as I never had this happen before and my wife's iPhone does not have this problem. Her Display Zoom setting is Standard.

Apple social media support is clueless and wanted me to replace my device (it's out of warranty) even though DFU restore and setting up the device as new remedies the problem, but this is a nuclear approach considering I have close to 200 apps and I would have to manually add them from a previous version of iTunes which I have installed.

This issue resolves itself temporarily but always returns. Looks like nobody at Apple will acknowledge this issue just like they never acknowledged the throttling issue until it was made public by accredited analysts.

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:20 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Search not working in Settings app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.