Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find my time capsule user name and password

how do i find the user name and password on my time capsule?

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 2:30 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 4, 2018 4:51 PM in response to cjmeagher

The Time Capsule does not have a user name, but it does have a Base Station or device name.

There are up to 3 or more passwords for the Time Capsule

1) Base Station or device password

2) Wireless network password

3) Disk Password

If you have a Mac and you are able to open AirPort Utility (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility) and "see" the Time Capsule......

Click on the picture of the Time Capsule and a smaller window will appear

Click Edit in the smaller window

Click the Base Station menu.....up at the very top of the screen where you see the other menus like File, Window, Help, etc.

Click Show Passwords and your passwords will be displayed

User uploaded file

If you are unable to access the settings for the Time Capsule using AirPort Utility, then you will need to perform a Soft Reset to reset the passwords on the Time Capsule.

See the information about a Soft Reset for the Time Capsule in the Apple Support document linked below, and follow the step by step instructions.

How to reset your AirPort base station - Apple Support

If you are still unable to reset the passwords using a Soft Reset, you will need to perform a Hard Reset and set up the Time Capsule again. It might be a good idea to write down the passwords that you select and keep them in a safe place.

how do i find my time capsule user name and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.