Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deep scratch and smaller scratches around my iPhone 8 Plus screen

I purchased an iPhone 8 Plus on release date at the beginning of October in the UK, and have recently noticed that there is a deep scratch (not a crack) in the top-right-hand corner of my screen, with other shallower scratches distributed around the iPhone's screen. It is clearly accidental damage as I don't even remember it happening, but it disheartens me whenever I look at my phone, especially when it is turned off, and notice the scratches. According to Applecare, I am covered by the 'Repairs and Service Coverage', and when I looked further into this, I noticed this covered two claims of accidental damage. But surely just a new screen would be the simple option to rememdy this issue?

So my question is: What is my best option? And what should I do in my situation? Send it in for repair and explain the circumstances of the accidental damage claims I have available?

I'm aware that a lot of people would just grin and get on whilst in this situation, but I love my iPhone and want it in the best condition it can be.

Thanks a lot,

Ben Outhwaite

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 3:06 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Deep scratch and smaller scratches around my iPhone 8 Plus screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.