Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scratched screen by soft wood floor

Hi All,

I have an iPhone XR. It was bought in San Francisco but I am Hungarian. It is important detail because after purchase at home in Hungary I couldn’t buy Apple Care + despite of my intention. Shortly my phone was slidden 5 cm long on my wood floor and unfortunately it has been scratched. It has never happened with an “gorilla glass 5” screen.

I would like to apply my warranty for two purposes:

• I have disadvantages due to my nationality and I couldn’t buy apple care +
  • My conviction is that my screen has material fail because a true gorilla glass shouldn’t be injured by a soft wood floor.

Do you have any recommendation in this topic? How can I handle this? What do you think am I right?

thank you!

Daniel

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 6:23 AM

Every iPhone warranty includes a clause that service may be restricted to the country of original sale. That means for most service, you’d have to take it back to the USA for service. All you can do is take it to a local Apple store or Apple Authorized service center and see if they will service it, or say no.

And they may still consider it accidental damage (was their dirt, grit or anything on the floor?) which is not covered under warranty anyway.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2019 6:23 AM in response to dániel288

Every iPhone warranty includes a clause that service may be restricted to the country of original sale. That means for most service, you’d have to take it back to the USA for service. All you can do is take it to a local Apple store or Apple Authorized service center and see if they will service it, or say no.

And they may still consider it accidental damage (was their dirt, grit or anything on the floor?) which is not covered under warranty anyway.

Scratched screen by soft wood floor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.