Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 plays a tone automatically

Hello

Iphone 7 plays a unique tone automatically and its in random basis. It is totally annoying and I need to press the Volume down button to make it mute.

I have seen the same thing in many other iphones as well. Can anyone tell me how to stop this irritating music to play ?

Regards

Cleetus

Posted on Mar 4, 2018 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2018 9:49 PM

Hi cleetusant,

Thank you for that, it really helps! The sound you are hearing is a built-in iOS tone called "Silk". Tones can be used as ringtones for traditional calls, as well as for other system notifications. You may want to go to Settings > Sound & Haptics, scroll down to Sound And Vibration Patterns, and see if any of the various system alerts is set to "Silk".

Cheers.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2018 9:49 PM in response to cleetusant

Hi cleetusant,

Thank you for that, it really helps! The sound you are hearing is a built-in iOS tone called "Silk". Tones can be used as ringtones for traditional calls, as well as for other system notifications. You may want to go to Settings > Sound & Haptics, scroll down to Sound And Vibration Patterns, and see if any of the various system alerts is set to "Silk".

Cheers.

Mar 6, 2018 6:46 AM in response to cleetusant

Hi cleetusant,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It looks like no one has responded yet to your question. If you could provide the following information, it may help the community respond:

1. Can you provide any additional information about this tone/sound? Can you describe what it sounds like, possibly find an example of it online in a video or sound clip, or even record it and upload it?

2. Does there appear to be any pattern at all to the sound? Does it happen more at certain times of day, or when using certain apps? Does it coincide with any alerts or notifications?

3. How long has this been going on? Did it start recently? If so, has anything changed recently (new network location, new app or OS update, etc)?

Cheers!

Iphone 7 plays a tone automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.