Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

high sierra gmail password not accepted

I use Gmail in the mail program, and for some reason, though the program is still downloading and accepting mail from another account, after I enter my password for gmail, I get an odd blank grey window as shown below.

I am using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on a 13" early 2015 MacBook Pro, and there are no updates available at this time.

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 12:31 PM

Enter in system library - Click on finder , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Library

Drag and drop caches folder to the desktop .

Enter in user library - click on finder > Go > hold option key > Library .

Drag these two folders Caches , Cookies to the desktop .

Restart the Mac , then open safari for few minutes , open mail application and add the mail account .

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 12:31 PM in response to franticfanjo

Enter in system library - Click on finder , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Library

Drag and drop caches folder to the desktop .

Enter in user library - click on finder > Go > hold option key > Library .

Drag these two folders Caches , Cookies to the desktop .

Restart the Mac , then open safari for few minutes , open mail application and add the mail account .

high sierra gmail password not accepted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.