Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: high sierra gmail password not accepted

I use Gmail in the mail program, and for some reason, though the program is still downloading and accepting mail from another account, after I enter my password for gmail, I get an odd blank grey window as shown below.

I am using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on a 13" early 2015 MacBook Pro, and there are no updates available at this time.

User uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Enter in system library - Click on finder , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Library

Drag and drop caches folder to the desktop .

Enter in user library - click on finder > Go > hold option key > Library .

Drag these two folders Caches , Cookies to the desktop .

Restart the Mac , then open safari for few minutes , open mail application and add the mail account .

Posted on

Question marked as Solved

Mar 6, 2018 12:31 PM in response to franticfanjo In response to franticfanjo

Enter in system library - Click on finder , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Library

Drag and drop caches folder to the desktop .

Enter in user library - click on finder > Go > hold option key > Library .

Drag these two folders Caches , Cookies to the desktop .

Restart the Mac , then open safari for few minutes , open mail application and add the mail account .

Mar 6, 2018 12:31 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 6, 2018 7:35 PM in response to franticfanjo In response to franticfanjo

You're Welcome , open safari and browse and in system library and user library these folders will be created once again after sometime .

The Caches and Cookies folder that are on the desktop should be deleted into the trash , restart the Mac and empty the trash .

Mar 6, 2018 7:35 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: franticfanjo

Question: high sierra gmail password not accepted