Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cutting off songs - my fix

This has been frustrating me to no end. It only recently started happening and I followed some the of the suggested fixes to no avail. This simple little fix worked for me however:

When one opens the Get Info window on an album, or by selecting a list of songs, there is a check box for "use work and movement". Untick that! No idea what it's for, but that seemed to fix it.

Hope it helps anyone else out there.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 1:02 AM

I have also tried endless things without success and will definitely give this a go tonight. If it works I will be forever in your debt!! This is the biggest frustration in my life and I can't believe how unsupportive and clueless Apple has been regarding this!

16 replies

Mar 15, 2018 2:25 AM in response to krugz007

It didn't help for me unfortunately. The box was already un-ticked. I even tried ticking it, saving, and then un-ticking - but to no avail. Some of my songs cut off with over a minute to play - it is totally unacceptable! On my iPod and with all other music players they play 100% correct - the issue is only with iTunes on my laptop!

Mar 15, 2018 3:59 AM in response to krugz007

Not seeing the problem in my own library, but I know how frustrating it can be when stuff doesn't work as it should. 😕

Grabbing at straws here, but see the Multiple tags section of Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows. Try cleaning the tags as shown there for a sample file that won't play correctly at the moment to see if it helps.

tt2

Mar 15, 2018 2:47 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes I have tried that - removing the stop time has no effect. I am not using iTunes Match and this only happens with uploaded mp3 (not all of them but most of them) - not with songs purchased on iTunes. This issue only happens when I play them on my Windows 10 laptop - on my iPod or with any other MP# player they work fine.

This issue only started about a year or two ago after an iTunes update - many songs that were working fine before then also have issues now. The biggest issue is that my library has over 25,000 songs and thousands have this problem now. Even if there is a song-by-song solution, the only way to find out which ones are affected would be to listen to each track - which will take months! Apple needs to fix this from their side as only their software has this issue!

Mar 15, 2018 5:17 AM in response to turingtest2

OK copy thanks - I will play around with one track so see if it has any affect but it is not viable for the amount of tracks affected combined with the issue of locating all affected tracks. I truly feel Apple needs to fix this as everyone with this issue ONLY have it when using iTunes - so somewhere they are doing something differently (and wrong!). 🙂

Mar 15, 2018 5:42 AM in response to turingtest2

The specific song I am looking at currently is Encoded With Lame3.98 - but I have seen other people posting (although I have not tried it myself) that they would import the exact same MP3 into a new iTunes library and then it works correctly. But that is obviously a far from ideal solution for me as I will lose a lot of very valuable information built up over the years.

iTunes cutting off songs - my fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.