Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPhone volume control work when iPhone is connected to stereo USB?

My iPhone volume control doesn’t work when I have connected my iPhone to my stereos USB port, so I can listen to my iphones music on my home stereo. I can only control the volume level through my amplifier and not my iPhone. Is this supposed to happen?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:51 AM

5 replies

Mar 18, 2018 7:11 PM in response to ckuan

Thank you for taking the time in replying.

I dont think that is entirely correct though.

My apple TV is connected to my amplifier and when I have mirrored my phone to the apple TV, I can control the volume buttons on my iphone and the sound coming out of the amplifier either increases or decreases accordingly. The sound level of the amplifier doesnt change (ie my phone doesnt control the amplifier volume), but it does alter the sound level going into the amplifier ... The result is that if I lower or raise the volume on my iphone, the volume being outputted by the amplifier lowers or raises accordingly.

I am wondering why my iphone volume controls do not work in the same way when my iphone is connected to the amplifier via the usb port on the amplifier. 🙂

Does the iPhone volume control work when iPhone is connected to stereo USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.