Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Type mdash, multiply symbol etc on Mac

Hi,

While I was using Ubuntu and Windows, I used the Compose Key utilities to type special characters such as MDASH and MULTIPLY symbols easily with the combinations such as ComposeKey,x,x and ComposeKey,-,-,- etc. I have heard that Mac OS has the compose key by default. But I couldn't find a way to type these symbols. What is the key combination that you use?

Note: This is not simply using * for calculations. I exactly want to type × and — in this case.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 4:28 AM

5 replies

Mar 5, 2018 7:55 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Since your answer actually could address my expectation, I changed the state again to 'This resolved my problem'. However, I would still like to have this as a feature on MacOS as it is the known brand for desktop publishing (even if I am coming from a solutions-architecture background where I use such symbols too often). I think it's a "Must have" sort of a feature for an Apple machine. 😉

Type mdash, multiply symbol etc on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.