Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files den?t exist

Hello,

Trying to open a pages document I created last week. I get the message "The document “.....” could not be opened. The file doesn’t exist.

The weird thing is I can open the document in My files on my iPhone and on my iPad. They are all stored in my iCloud, so they DO exist.

To edit the document, which I urgently need, I want to work on my Mac. Anybody else has the same problem?

iCloud Drive and Internet, all turned on. Haven't changes any passwords or other things.

I am hoping I can get a quick answer here to help me solve my problem.

Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 5:13 AM

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 8:23 AM in response to Katharinabs

Are you trying to open it directly from iCloud? Try copying it to your Mac then opening it.

Since this is urgent, you could use iWork for iCloud to open it & then save it to your Mac. Go to iCloud - Sign in, sign in with your Apple ID, open the file in which ever app is appropriate then click the "wrench/spanner" icon & then "Download a copy" & choose the desired format.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Files den?t exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.