Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto library to photos

Ok, I've been through the forums and I think I've done everything...

I'm trying to move my iphotos library from my very old imac running 10.7.5 to a new computer running 10.13.2. The library exists on a separate portable drive. It's backed up on time machine (pretty sure it is, anyway). It also has a duplicate on the same drive

I tried to move it through migration assistant. No luck.

I tried to open it through opening photos. It detects inconsistencies.

I checked to make sure ownerships were ignored on the G-drive. They were.

I reconnected to the old iphoto and rebuilt the library. Then I ran iphoto upgrader on the old computer (said it wasn't necessary) and then on the new computer (still says it's not necessary.)

I've tried copying the folder directly into Pictures, where It's supposed to be native. Inconsistencies when I try to open it.

It gets to about 24% every time and then fails. What are my options at this point?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 1:08 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 5, 2018 2:04 PM in response to TVOperator

Clean up your library on the old Mac and then move it to the pictures folder of the new Mac - these links will help and explain what goes on - : Links to User tips re migrating from iPhoto to Photos

And only move the library using a drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) -- Where is it safe to store a Photos Library? Requirements for the external drive

LN

iphoto library to photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.