Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X 10.4 High Sierra

Hello guys.

okay i was doing a little project. When I was going to export it it was doing alright, it went up to 44% master file export then suddenly Mac freeze, the fans got loud and I had to turn off Mac by click hold button.

I open fcp again, export --> 55% then system restarts suddenly...

open fcp again, starts loading project --> restart again

Open FCP, loading project --> Mac restart

on and on and on and on...

this is new... Sierra and preview version of fcp worked well .. anyone has experienced something like this before?

if so, there are any fixes?

im currently installing final cut again

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 11:39 AM

Basic applications don’t come close to using the system resources FCP does. Applications are sandboxed and kernel panics caused by an application indicate a hardware problem. The machine should be replaced by Apple. It would be best if you could take it to an Apple Store.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 5, 2018 11:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

its restarting as a kernel panic, there shows a message after turning on the Mac saying and error occurred with final cut pro.

The machine doesn't have a problem at all, I tried running other problems, from basic ones such as internet browse, youtube, Netflix etc, up to photoshop, Logic Pro x, doing some tests and nothing wrong happens.. its just final cut pro..

The machine is brand new, 3 weeks actually

Final Cut Pro X 10.4 High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.