Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 2016 (the model is the one right before the touchbar one) with the OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 version and I can´t seem to connect it to any iPhone (8 and 8Plus). I´ve tried everything, disconnecting the firewall, resetting the Bluetooth and WiFi, I´ve even signed out and signed back on iCloud, but it is not working. I´ve always made sure that both the iPhone and the Macbook had BT and Wifi were turned on, on the same network and set as "visible to everyone" on all devices. It only worked once for a couple of minutes and then stopped working. Any ideas of what might be going on here? It´s driving me crazy...

Thank you,

Pablo

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), null

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 12:56 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 5, 2018 2:34 PM in response to pablocalca

I have Wi-Fi and BT enabled on my Touch. When I open the BT preference panel on my machine eventually it picks up my Touch and displays it with a Connect button. I click on the button then I have a window with a number in it. The Touch displays the number and I click on the Pair button. In a short while, the two devices are connected. I don't have a phone to test but shouldn't be any different than on my Touch.

Airdrop not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.