Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs are greyed out when I select my iPod Touch on iTunes but are there on my ipod touch itself.

iTunes version: 12.7.3.46

So this is going to be long. So I downloaded some new songs from iTunes on my Macbook Pro and then decided I wanted to put them my iPod Touch 5 by plugging it in and dragging the songs to my device. Then I pushed sync just to be sure they got on there and everything seemed to be loading ok. When it was done, I saw that there were many songs that were greyed out with a dotted circle by them (this is still on iTunes). So I I researched it and tried some ways to fix it, but I think I made it worse? Here's what I tried:

On iTunes I selected all the songs that were on my iPod and pushed delete on my keyboard. I clicked "delete" on the window that was asking me if I was sure I wanted to delete them off my ipod. Then I clicked on my device and checked "Sync Music" and "entire music library" and then "apply". Then I waited for it to download and when it was finished, I again noticed that several of my songs were greyed out. Some had duplicates where one was actually there and the other was greyed out. But there were other songs that had no duplicates and were greyed out. So I decided to delete all the songs off the ipod again and push sync. Then I ejected my ipod and plugged it in again. I clicked on it in iTunes and then I noticed that all the songs were greyed out, but it wasn't all my songs, just a random selection. But the weird thing is on my ipod itself, all of my songs are there. So I've got all my songs on the ipod, which is great, but I'm unable to manage what songs go onto my ipod via itunes because of this glitch. I've tried unplugging it and plugging the ipod, I've tried restarting my mac. I've tried authorizing and unauthorizing my computer. Nothing. I need help please! Photo below is my selected ipod on itunes and the list of greyed out songs. User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:11 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Songs are greyed out when I select my iPod Touch on iTunes but are there on my ipod touch itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.