Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't display window or respond to keyboard

iTunes 12.7.3; MacBook Air circa 2011, running 10.13.3

I recently turned on both Apple Music and then iCloud Music Library. After turning on Apple Music, iTunes worked fine on my machine. Not sure whether it's coincidental or causal, but after I turned on iCloud Music Library, iTunes is essentially non-responsive to typical keyboard actions: doesn't respond to command-tab (that is, the app doesn't assert focus or display its window when I command-tab to it; even if I hide all other apps, the only way I can get iTunes to display a window is by clicking on a menu item that forces a dialog (such as "create new playlist"). When I do get iTunes menu bar visible, it's greyed-out until/unless I click on it (or the iTunes window, assuming I've gotten the app to pop that window).

Once I "nudge" iTunes to be visible, I can play music using the main iTunes window just fine.

I have re-installed iTunes. I have re-booted the Mac.

What the heck is going on here?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 10:13 AM

Okay, by way of an update, by clicking on iTunes in the Dock, I can switch to iTunes successfully and see its window(s). Also, now I can Command-Tab to iTunes and have it assert focus. And...this corrected behavior works across different restarts of iTunes. While weird, I'm happy, since things are now working.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 10:13 AM in response to drengfer

Okay, by way of an update, by clicking on iTunes in the Dock, I can switch to iTunes successfully and see its window(s). Also, now I can Command-Tab to iTunes and have it assert focus. And...this corrected behavior works across different restarts of iTunes. While weird, I'm happy, since things are now working.

iTunes won't display window or respond to keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.