Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the cause of Apple Music GUI to become blank?

When I drill down on an Apple Music curated playlist (mac osx) from the "For You" or "Browse" tab, the next screen is completely blank. All other Apple Music features are working properly, it's only the GUI screen after clicking on an Apple Music curated playlist. Curiously, if I click the Play icon that's on the lower right corner of a curated playlist, it will start playing. Troubleshooting tips I've performed 1. Logged out of Apple Music, restarted my computer, and logged back in. 2. In iTunes Advanced Preferences, Reset Warnings, Cache, and Identifiers. 3. Deleted "iTunes Library Genius.itdb" and had iTunes recreate the file upon startup. Nothing has worked so far. I'm curious what could be the cause and solution to this issue. I'm on iTunes v.12.9.5.5 which is the latest version I can go to.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 10:12 AM

FWIW, this seems to have fixed itself when the new playlists were updated on Friday.

2 replies

What is the cause of Apple Music GUI to become blank?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.