Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not working properly on boot camp?

Hello! I recently got a new wireless keyboard for my mac after 3 years of use.

The thing is, when It's in OS it works perfectly, nothing is wrong and the keys do what they're supposed to be doing. HOWEVER, when i switch to my Windows partition, the F keys wont do what they're supposed to do, no brightness adjustment, no volume adjustment, I tried working it out with the Fn key in the bootcamp settings but it didn't seem to work at all.

Also some of my keys have swapped places, specifically the ª and > keys, I tried with different language settings but nothing seems to work.

I already tried to reinstall the bootcamp drivers but nothing.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Mar 5, 2018 4:44 PM

16 replies

Mar 7, 2018 3:25 PM in response to Loner T

I already tried plugging it in and it didn't work either, really wondering why it refuses to work, since the last one I had worked PERFECTLY on bootcamp.

I did notice however that when I plug it in, it'll recognize it like a separate keyboard, the one that says Magic Keyboard is the one that appears when I plug it in, the other one is the "wireless" one, even tho they're the same. Pretty weird...

User uploaded file

Mar 7, 2018 4:20 PM in response to Deliciousale

Deliciousale wrote:

I already tried plugging it in and it didn't work either, really wondering why it refuses to work, since the last one I had worked PERFECTLY on bootcamp.

Was that also a A1644 MK2?

Deliciousale wrote:

I did notice however that when I plug it in, it'll recognize it like a separate keyboard, the one that says Magic Keyboard is the one that appears when I plug it in, the other one is the "wireless" one, even tho they're the same. Pretty weird...

User uploaded file

It is treated as separate USB device, so this should be fine. Since it is not working, it does not help solve the problem. Do you want to consider re-installing the BC drivers available from Action -> Download in BC Assistant?

Mar 7, 2018 2:42 PM in response to Deliciousale

Deliciousale wrote:

I tried the on-screen keyboard and while the key placement seems to be correct, the F1-12 multimedia keys still don't work, the work as if it was a non-apple keyboard, opening new tabs, help windows and the like.

Do you get proper functions if you use the Fn+(F1-F12) keys? With the on-screen keyboard visible, if you press a key on the keyboard, does the corresponding on-screen keyboard 'click' and acknowledge the key click? Can you also check which Keyboard driver is in use when on-screen keyboard is enabled?

Deliciousale wrote:

When I close the on-screen keyboard and try to use the physical one, everything is still not working properly.

Does the key placement change/is incorrect when you close the on-screen keyboard?

Mar 7, 2018 2:59 PM in response to Loner T

I might have explained myself wrong in the previous post, my bad.

When I open the on-screen keyboard THAT one has correct key placements, not the physical one, if I type on the physical one with the on-screen keyboard still open the keys still have the wrong placement.

In both keyboards the F keys are still not working properly even with Fn, the on-screen one wont even acknowledge that I have Fn pressed, but will recognize shift or the tab buttons.

I'm really losing my mind here, I feel like I've tried everything and nothing is working, this close to throwing this new keyboard out the window.

Keyboard not working properly on boot camp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.