Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

I have an 32GB iPad 4. Software fully up to date at 10.3.3. Storage reads used 22.69GB, Available 5.83GB. In "Manage Storage" total of apps (photos&camera reads only 474.8MB), is only 5.4GB. My question is, apart from the IOS software which is no more than 2GB, what is using the remaining (22.69+5.83)-5.4=23.12GB??? (assuming 2GB for IOS, then over 21GB is unaccounted for?

Can anyone advise how I recover this lost storage??.

Thanks

Steve

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 1:48 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2018 7:45 AM in response to MichelPM

No, to all the above. I have however, sorted the problem. I read a item that suggested connecting to iTunes, which I did. The storage information showed 12.96GB of videos, which the iPad did not show. My iPad storage for photos was only 350MB. I checked my Apple Video app and my Prime Video app, but neither showed any storage. So, although not showing any storage, I deleted both apps. Now the storage is reading used 8.97GB, which is about right and 19.55GB available. So, there was a hidden 12.69 GB of video, but it was not displayed anywhere on the iPad. I have reloaded the app and all is well. A possible explanation is that at least 3 deleted videos were not deleted from memory, but only the registry details were deleted from the library of storage data.????

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully, this saga may help others.

Steve

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.