Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icon app on dock bar

i have iPad with iOS 11.2.5 and from some days on morning i see on my dock bar one new icon of iBooks with a small symbol on top right reveille...

on my “setting - general - Multiasking & dock” I don’t have enable “show recent app”...

why this icon app on my dock? And how to disable this feature?

Thanks. Regards. JV

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 3:12 AM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2018 9:36 AM in response to JFK99algo

It’s not a bug per se, but Siri trying to be helpful in an often unhelpful way. THat little clock means ‘hey, we noticed that you usually use that app around this time every day so we’re putting it in the dock for you cause we think that makes things easier for you’

I have never seen it on my ipad, but I have recent and suggested apps turned off as well as both Siri suggestions turned off under the siri tab in the settings.

Mar 6, 2018 12:48 PM in response to JFK99algo

Hi,

I have the exact same question. It is always the same app for me - Clash of Clans. It is only ever this app. I have everything I can possibly have turned off as suggested by everyone in these forums (And as skydiver has suggested in answer to your question). I have also turned off notifications for this app and have even restarted my iPad. It is very frustrating particularly as when I go to press an app on the dock, the suggestion pops up and moves all of the apps over and I end up pressing the wrong app. It is a bug and for some reason doesn’t affect everyone and has been happening for many months. If you find a fix it would be great to know the answer.

Icon app on dock bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.