Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos won't sync with iPhone or iPad

I don't understand why all of a sudden, my photos won't sync with either of my apple devices. It gets to the step to "Preparing to copy" and then it will just stop. Won't copy anything. I keep my photos on my pc and will manually sync them to my devices. I have so many photos that I can't keep it in iCloud, even though I pay for the storage, it's still too many photos. I just don't understand it. My iPad at least was copying maybe 300 photos at a time and then would just stop, but now it's doing the same thing the iPhone is doing and not copying anything. This is so frustrating. I don't want to have to reset the phone because that takes a long time to get everything back to the way I want it. How come people with Androids don't have this problem? Please make a fix for this. It doesn't seem like I'm the only one who has had this problem. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to transfer my photos on to my devices?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 6:23 AM

Rather than do this manually you could set up Photo Stream to sync automatically. On each device go to iCloud > Photos and enable 'My Photo Stream', nothing else. This allows 1,000 pictures to be held on phone/iPad - the earliest drop off to accommodate the newest when you reach 1000 but you can move them to albums if you want to keep them longer.User uploaded file

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 6:23 AM in response to TwinA1

Rather than do this manually you could set up Photo Stream to sync automatically. On each device go to iCloud > Photos and enable 'My Photo Stream', nothing else. This allows 1,000 pictures to be held on phone/iPad - the earliest drop off to accommodate the newest when you reach 1000 but you can move them to albums if you want to keep them longer.User uploaded file

Mar 6, 2018 9:17 AM in response to LarryHN

I'm running 11.2.6. The lastest version. I'm syncing manually through iTunes via USB cord. What am I looking for in iCloud settings? I do have photo stream on. I have never had this problem before and I wound up moving my iTunes library to an external drive and I moved my photos as well. I chose the folder on the external drive for my photos. The folders are listed under photos in iTunes. It tells me how many pictures I have in the folder. I'm not having a problem with my music. The music all seems to come over. I even downloaded a new song and uploaded it to iTunes just to see if I was having a problem with the music. But even before I moved my iTunes library I was having the same problem, but I would reconnect the USB cord and after a few times the photos would download to the phone or iPad. Now it's not doing anything. I just says "preparing to copy" and then it just stops. The folder as also visible on my phone, but it has 0 pictures in them.

Mar 6, 2018 1:02 PM in response to léonie

Thank you. It can't be the firewall because I haven't changed that and iTunes was working fine only last week. It would crash but it would copy at least 300 photos and then crash and I would have to start over again, but at least it copied. It's not copying at all now. I'm in the process of uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling. Let's see if that helps. I'll post again when I try it.

Mar 6, 2018 2:45 PM in response to TwinA1

You are posting in the Photos for Mac application forum - since your problem is with iCloud on your PC, not with the Photos application on your Mac, it would be much better to post in the iCloud for PC forum - I will request your post be moved to the correct forum where you are much more likely to get answers for people using PCs

LN

photos won't sync with iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.