Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert image or logo into title

I would like to use an image instead of text when inserting a title, but I don't see a space for media drop. Image attached. any help welcomed

Image User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 8:20 AM

There used to be a way, years ago, to convert a logo into an SVG vector graphic that in turn could be converted into a font. I'm not sure if this still works at all, or if it carries any of the logo color information. That would be the only way. You might consider using Motion for more control over this. Opening a copy of the tile you want into Motion and starting from there.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 8:20 AM in response to ilanafrombrooklyn

There used to be a way, years ago, to convert a logo into an SVG vector graphic that in turn could be converted into a font. I'm not sure if this still works at all, or if it carries any of the logo color information. That would be the only way. You might consider using Motion for more control over this. Opening a copy of the tile you want into Motion and starting from there.

Mar 6, 2018 9:33 AM in response to ilanafrombrooklyn

Two ways to go about this:

1) Make a generator or title in Motion, and either include the logo in there, or, better yet, include a Drop Zone so you can choose your own logo in FCP X.

2) Add a title, add the logo as a clip and turn the two into a compound clip.

And yes, turning a logo into an SVG file and making a font containing it as a character, as Tom mentioned, is a possibility - but then you'd lose the color information in the logo. If you want to be able to "type" the logo as a character, that is the way to go. There are nice uses of this process - depending on the logo, you can make it look really nice as part of a 3D title that way.

insert image or logo into title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.