Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard -> Not possible to write without missing chars

In 30 seconds of writing there are 3 to 10 characters not written.

Apple send me a new keyboard - the same issue.

It’s the one with numeric keypad. The Magic Mouse 2 seems to work well.

Sometimes I can write 2 or 5 sentences without loosing any chars, but then there are words in the next sentence like mke instead of mistake and 1280 instead of 12,80.

2 keyboards with the same issue?

The new iMac 27" 5K is only 40cm away.

I am using High Sierra with all Updates.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 6:23 AM

Hey, trollius.

I see that your Magic Keyboard isn't working as expected. It intermittently skips characters you've entered, and I'm happy to help.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn‘t working as expected -- Since the keyboard has been replaced, make sure the issue isn't with the new keyboard first. Follow the steps providing in this section of the article.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- If the issue persists, test how it responds in safe mode. If there are no issues, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. Remember this when booting in safe mode: Limited graphics performance in OS X recovery or safe mode

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 6:23 AM in response to trollius

Hey, trollius.

I see that your Magic Keyboard isn't working as expected. It intermittently skips characters you've entered, and I'm happy to help.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn‘t working as expected -- Since the keyboard has been replaced, make sure the issue isn't with the new keyboard first. Follow the steps providing in this section of the article.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- If the issue persists, test how it responds in safe mode. If there are no issues, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. Remember this when booting in safe mode: Limited graphics performance in OS X recovery or safe mode

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Magic Keyboard -> Not possible to write without missing chars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.