Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeze an Image into a Header Row

I understand how to define and then freeze a header row.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to freeze an image that is set on a header row.

Is there a way to freeze an image to the header row so that it doesn't scroll off the screen?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 12:24 PM

Not sure what you mean by "Freeze and Image to the header row".

I just paste my image into the cell itself when i need this type of thing. I had to do this to make a table of Egyptian hieroglyphics for my sons project.

I Just tested that file on my ipad and set a few of the hieroglyphics rows to headers, the pictures stay just like a normal header row.

Jason

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2018 12:24 PM in response to Mr. Zoot

Not sure what you mean by "Freeze and Image to the header row".

I just paste my image into the cell itself when i need this type of thing. I had to do this to make a table of Egyptian hieroglyphics for my sons project.

I Just tested that file on my ipad and set a few of the hieroglyphics rows to headers, the pictures stay just like a normal header row.

Jason

Mar 7, 2018 8:46 AM in response to Mr. Zoot

Hi Mr. Zoot

Please try what Jason wrote:

I just paste my image into the cell itself

Placing the image on top of a table does not insert it into a cell. It exists as an independent object on the "canvas".

Click outside the table on a blank area of the "canvas".

Insert the image into Numbers.

Select and Copy the image.

Click in a cell and Paste.

The image will become an Image Fill in that cell.

Drag to increase the row height/width of that cell.

User uploaded file

The frozen Header Row will contain that Image Fill as you scroll the table.

Select and delete the logo on the canvas.

Done!

Regards,

Ian.

Mar 6, 2018 1:43 PM in response to jaxjason

Arg — actually, your answer didn't solve the problem. I have no idea how to undo the "solved" checkmark.

By "freezing an image" (not 'and'), I mean setting the image in place on a header row and having stay with that row if it set to 'freeze' (Table > Freeze Header Row). I would like to incorporate a logo into the header row so that it stays in place as the spreadsheet scrolls.

Right now, having defined the header row(s) and setting them to 'freeze' through the Table menu, any image simply scrolls up the page as the header row information stays in place. I'm presuming that the hieroglyphics you mention are actually text based and imbed into a cell as a text and that's why they work.

Zoot

Mar 15, 2018 12:16 PM in response to Mr. Zoot

"Arg — actually, your answer didn't solve the problem. I have no idea how to undo the "solved" checkmark."

Turns out you didn't need to 'undo the "solved" checkmark, as Jason's answer 'actually, did solve the problem.'

The "helpful" star can be upgraded by to original poster to "solved", but "solved" can't be downgraded or removed once awarded. Always a good idea to check the solution before check marking "solved".

The OP gets a ration of two 'helpfuls' and one 'solved' on answers to each question posed. I do think you should mark Ian's post as 'helpful' as it did point you toward the correctness of Jason's solution.

Regards,

Barry

PS: Even if you find this post 'helpful, I would suggest that you do NOT mark it as such. The post is off-topic with respect to your question.

B.

Freeze an Image into a Header Row

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.