Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has the 'Times' font (Sierra) been changed to 'Times Roman' in High Sierra? MS Word 2011 docs appear to be using a different font under High Sierra.

Has the 'Times' font (Sierra) been changed to 'Times Roman' in High Sierra? MS Word 2011 docs appear to be using a different font under High Sierra. This would produce a major compatibility problem for many users.

Posted on Mar 6, 2018 3:08 PM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2018 9:34 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks, John. I did restore fonts, 'Times' is there, and I am able to access it from MS Office 2011 Word and PowerPoint. However, I still have a problem. I frequently use MathType to format equations, and MathType does not access the old version of 'Times" under High Sierra. The developers indicate that Apple has substituted a new font, 'Times Roman', for 'Times', citing security problems with the old version. The claim is that the new font is still referred to as 'Times' but is sufficiently different as to cause formatting problems in the MathType software. I have seen no reference to this substitution elsewhere. Any comments?

Has the 'Times' font (Sierra) been changed to 'Times Roman' in High Sierra? MS Word 2011 docs appear to be using a different font under High Sierra.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.