Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation 64 Bit version of Itunes fails

Hello,

after a Windows 10 re-installation I am trying to install itunes (64) again. Have tried multiple times now but always get the following error message aftter which the Intallation is reversed and closed:

Während der Installation der Assemblierung "Microsoft.V80.CRT.type="win.32".version="8.0.50727.6195"publicKeyToken="1fc8b3 b9a1e18e1b".processor Architecture="amd4"" ist ein Fehler aufgetreten

Though I choose to install the 64 Bit version I never see the Apple Installation Suppot (64 But) on my PC but only the 32 Bit version.

Any ideas what I can do?

Regards, Kai

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 2:48 PM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

Start with the section on pre-installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. Note that a successful 64-bit install includes both 32-bit and 64-bit components.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Right-click on the setup file and run the installer as administrator. In some cases you may also need to disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus software while installing. A couple of users found they had to uninstall their AV, disabling wasn't sufficient.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2018 2:48 PM in response to kai282

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

Start with the section on pre-installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. Note that a successful 64-bit install includes both 32-bit and 64-bit components.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Right-click on the setup file and run the installer as administrator. In some cases you may also need to disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus software while installing. A couple of users found they had to uninstall their AV, disabling wasn't sufficient.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Installation 64 Bit version of Itunes fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.