Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to reorder songs in playlist

Whenever I try to reorder the songs on my playlist and then press 'Done', all of the songs always revert back to their original place. However, this bug seems to only occur on iOS as 1) I'm able to edit the reorder the playlist on my MacBook Air (although it's inconvenient when I want to reorder it away from my laptop) and 2) whenever I press 'Done' on my iPhone X, it actually does update it on my MacBook, but not on my iPhone (even if I delete it from the multitasking). This has been going on for at least half a year and even when I previously had an iPhone 6S.

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 1:18 PM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2018 6:38 AM in response to Zerarid

Hey there, Zerarid.

I see that you're facing an issue with the playlists you've created in Apple Music. When you reorder the playlist from your iPhone, it updates the playlist on your Mac, but it doesn't update on your iPhone. I'm happy to help.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close Music application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- A new feature in iOS 11 is the ability to delete an application, but retain it's data. If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, you can offload the Music application, then reinstall it again. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, scroll to the Music application and tap "Offload App". Once the application has been removed, reinstall it again and test.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Unable to reorder songs in playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.