Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pop-ups asking for cloudd to use "Local Items" keychain

Since upgrading to High Sierra, our screen keeps getting pop ups to give a password for "local items" keychain. The pop ups keep coming. How do we stop this? HELP!

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 2:04 PM

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password

Get help with iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

macOS Sierra- Set up iCloud Keychain

Repair Keychain in El Capitan or Sierra

1. Launch Keychain Access (located in Applications/Utilities)
  2. Click "Show Keychains" in the lower-left corner of the window.
  3. Select the problematic keychain from the left-hand pane.
  4. Navigate to the "File" menu and select "Delete Keychain '(name of keychain)'"
  5. Check all options for deletion and press "OK"
  6. Create a new keychain by going to the "File" menu, then "New" and selecting "New Keychain"
  7. You can now make this keychain your default if you desire by selecting it, then going to the "File" menu and selecting "Make '(name of keychain)' Default"
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2018 2:04 PM in response to ed252

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password

Get help with iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

macOS Sierra- Set up iCloud Keychain

Repair Keychain in El Capitan or Sierra

1. Launch Keychain Access (located in Applications/Utilities)
  2. Click "Show Keychains" in the lower-left corner of the window.
  3. Select the problematic keychain from the left-hand pane.
  4. Navigate to the "File" menu and select "Delete Keychain '(name of keychain)'"
  5. Check all options for deletion and press "OK"
  6. Create a new keychain by going to the "File" menu, then "New" and selecting "New Keychain"
  7. You can now make this keychain your default if you desire by selecting it, then going to the "File" menu and selecting "Make '(name of keychain)' Default"

Mar 7, 2018 7:52 PM in response to ed252

Sorry, but you have all that I know. My guess is "logins" or "icloud". I would select 'passwords' from the bottom list and 'logins' from the top list, the delete 'logins'. Best I can do. You will lose all your passwords so you will start over with a new keychain. Read through the links I sent for more help or guidance.

pop-ups asking for cloudd to use "Local Items" keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.