Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake purchase app store with phishing receipt

Hi -- I just wanted to report that I got an email saying I had bought a card game from the Apple App store which I did not do -- I don't think you probably even sell card games.

The email was very clever. I downloaded the receipt and clicked on a link to clarify the issue with Apple. The website I arrived on started asking me for my driver's license, social security number and credit card, so I then realized I'd been scammed.

I just hope they didn't capture my keystrokes as I put a lot the information in before realizing my mistake. Just wanted to let you know about this scam.

EMAIL:

User uploaded file

THE RECEIPT

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Wired mouse unresponsive

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 2:11 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 7, 2018 2:16 PM in response to estavney

They probably did capture your information. Was there a 'next' button? Immediately follow the steps in this article: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Watch your bank account and other potentially important financial areas to ensure that they aren't syphoning money away from your account. Report this email to Apple as described here: Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

NEVER provide your Social Security number to Apple or any other institution that is not REQUIRED BY LAW to have it.

Fake purchase app store with phishing receipt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.