Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can add a song I purchased to my ringtone the instructions say click on song and the click on store but I don't see store?

How can I add a song I purchased to my ringtone the instructions say click on song and then click on store. dont see store

Posted on Mar 7, 2018 7:13 PM

4 replies

Mar 8, 2018 12:08 PM in response to marsha93

Which part don't you understand ? On your computer's iTunes :

1, select/highlight the track

2, change its length (Options tab in ‘get-info' ; control-I on a PC, command-I on a Mac) so that its start and end times are at most 30 seconds apart (I think 30 seconds is still the maximum length for a ringtone)

3, create a new AAC version of that shortened track by selecting/highlighting it and doing File > Convert > Create AAC Version (if you have something else instead of 'AAC' go into iTunes' Preferences and change it via the Import Settings button on the General tab)

User uploaded file

4, right-click that new track and do 'show in explorer' on the popup (control-click and ’show in finder' if using a mac)

5, delete the new AAC track from the Music part of your iTunes library (not the actual music file, just the entry for it in the Music section of your iTunes)

6, rename the file in windows explorer/finder to have a .M4R extension

How can add a song I purchased to my ringtone the instructions say click on song and the click on store but I don't see store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.