Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone keeps asking me for someone else's iCloud information

Hello!

So this is a strange one. I just got a new iPhone and restored my old iPhone onto it. It asked me to verify three iCloud accounts: my usual one, an old one I no longer use but have made purchases on in the past, and weirdly enough my mother's for the iTunes Store? (I've made a good few purchases on there from my own account through my phone in the past so I'm super unclear how that's happened)

It keeps popping up and will not let me do anything with the phone as whenever I hit cancel it just pops back up instantly. I don't know her password and she's not available to ask. Also, i don't understand why i would need it in the first place and would rather remove the account from my phone altogether.

Could anyone help me out with this? Frustratingly enough i can barely do anything on my phone as the message keeps blocking me from doing anything, so ideally I'd like to do this from a computer...

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 7:35 AM

You probably had content on the old phone that was restored along with your backup that was purchased using your old account and your mother's account. The only real option is to delete that content from the phone and repurchase it with the account you use now.

If you can't identify that content, erase the phone, set it up as new, and re-download the purchased items from your account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2018 7:35 AM in response to annamation

You probably had content on the old phone that was restored along with your backup that was purchased using your old account and your mother's account. The only real option is to delete that content from the phone and repurchase it with the account you use now.

If you can't identify that content, erase the phone, set it up as new, and re-download the purchased items from your account.

New iPhone keeps asking me for someone else's iCloud information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.