Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro Notes - Can’t Create New Note

I have recently purchased an iPad Pro and have updated it to the latest iOS.

With the Notes app that was installed onto my device, I cannot create a new note. The icon for it is greyed out, and no matter where I tap I cannot write anything. If I try to draw anything with the drawing tool, nothing happens as well. Ultimately, the Notes app is functionless for me at the moment.

Is there some way for me to fix this, or do I just have to wait for Apple to release an update for it? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Notes app multiple times, to no avail. Everything works on the iPad works fine, also.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 3:12 PM

Do you have your iCloud account tied to your Notes app? Try setting up Notes with your iCloud account like this:

Set up Notes with iCloud

You can use iCloud to update your notes across all of your devices. To set up Notes with iCloud, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Notes. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud. You’ll see your notes on all of your Apple devices that you’re signed in to with the same Apple ID.

Look at this article for more information: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2018 3:12 PM in response to MumsyDarling

Do you have your iCloud account tied to your Notes app? Try setting up Notes with your iCloud account like this:

Set up Notes with iCloud

You can use iCloud to update your notes across all of your devices. To set up Notes with iCloud, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Notes. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud. You’ll see your notes on all of your Apple devices that you’re signed in to with the same Apple ID.

Look at this article for more information: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

iPad Pro Notes - Can’t Create New Note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.