Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes will not open

i have used notes as long as the app was available, many years ago. Over the past few days tho, I go to open the notes app and it starts to open, I see a quick screen of my notes and then the app just shuts down..closes. I have erased my iPad and reinstalled from backup, but it’s still doing the same . I have quite a lot of information I need access to so what do I need to do to get it working.

many thanks in anticipation

Alexandra

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4.1, Notes

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Jul 13, 2018 4:30 AM in response to askbarnabas

I've tried everything listed in the reply, except the contacting the developer. I'm assuming I can find who that is from the application store. I've even erased everything, restored from an earlier backup and this has made no difference...😱😱😱. I need to get this working as its got alot of information stored in it.. Any other ideas? I'm just going to get in touch with developer and will et you know if I get a response...

I've just looked at the app in the App store and there's no mention of who the developer is..so please anyone, is there anything else I can try?

Many thanks

Alexandra

Jul 13, 2018 3:24 PM in response to askbarnabas

As I already said in my reply, I restored and it didn't work. I delete notes and redownload but still the same problem. I can't start from scratch as I have far too much work that will be lost if I start afresh. That kind of makes backing up and restoring a waste of time....it looks like I'll have to use a different program and loose all the information I had stored in my notes over the past 4 years.

Notes will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.