Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad notes app won't save notes

I have a new Ipad 5th Generation running the most recent IOS, including all updated apps from the App Store.

As an iphone user, I use the notes app alot, and want to start using on my ipad.

The problem is, when I'm in notes on my ipad, there is no "done" option to click on to save my notes.

I click on the "new note" icon/symbol

I then type a quick note, and there is no "done" to click on. I can't save my note.

Something's wrong. Is anyone else having this issue? Can you suggest a fix please?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2018 9:45 AM

Thanks for your response! Glad you found a way to make it work for you.

I didn't want to save my notes to icloud, only to the hard drive on the ipad.

I solved my issue by first backing up my ipad. I reverted to factory settings, then added everything I needed back onto the ipad. Everything is working fine now. There must have been a setting that got changed along the way messing it up.

Thanks.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2018 9:45 AM in response to murtada60

Thanks for your response! Glad you found a way to make it work for you.

I didn't want to save my notes to icloud, only to the hard drive on the ipad.

I solved my issue by first backing up my ipad. I reverted to factory settings, then added everything I needed back onto the ipad. Everything is working fine now. There must have been a setting that got changed along the way messing it up.

Thanks.

Ipad notes app won't save notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.