Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Problem - Missing 330 Movies

There are 330 movies missing from our library of 380 movies. We have 5 Apple TVs, many Macs, etc. We have 5 family members (3 adults, 2 children). We watch our saved family sharing movies all the time and we know we have 380 movies (among the 5 of us 330 of them belong to my own apple ID - for Itunes, and 50 of them are scattered to the other apple IDs). I have two apple IDs: one for itunes, one for icloud (family sharing). Everyone else has one apple ID. But everything worked well for about the last 5 years. Now, suddenly POOF 330 movies are gone across the family sharing/icloud/itunes combo. I am testing what happens if I login with only my itunes id.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 8, 2018 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 11:51 PM

The problem was acknowledged by the Apple TV support team as a temporary issue that both has a short term work around and a long term fix. Both were resolved as of yesterday. So the problem disappeared. But during the problem the work around was to use the “TV” app within Apple TV instead of the movies app. The work around was great, but is no longer needed.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 11:51 PM in response to turingtest2

The problem was acknowledged by the Apple TV support team as a temporary issue that both has a short term work around and a long term fix. Both were resolved as of yesterday. So the problem disappeared. But during the problem the work around was to use the “TV” app within Apple TV instead of the movies app. The work around was great, but is no longer needed.

Family Sharing Problem - Missing 330 Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.