Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard & Touchpad problems (MacBook Pro)

Hi everyone!

First of all, I use MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015, 2.7GHz i5) - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3.

Yesterday, when turning on my Mac, I noticed that I couldn't write my password, as my keyboard was not working. Moreover, touchpad was not working, too. I googled a little bit and tried the SMC reset, which wasn't helpful, at all. However, the PRAM reset helped and I was finally able to log in and start using my Mac. During the day, I noticed that sometimes, my touchpad wasn't able to "properly click" (if you know what I mean - I clicked, but I couldn't hear the sound and neither could I select text by "right-clicking"). Therefore, I rubbed gently the touchpad, but still, the problem persisted. Also, I have spotted, that in certain positions, the touchpad works fine, but in others - not really.

Today in the morning when I turned it on, everything was fine. But when I came home, again - I couldn't log in, because the touchpad & keyboard was not working. (Still, the PRAM reset helped, again.) I am a little bit afraid & nervous now, as I don't really want to do the same procedure (logging in only with PRAM's help) over and over again.

I've read a few comments about:

- dirt & dust under the touchpad - but why would it affect the keyboard?

- battery being damaged - can't be my problem, I haven't spotted any battery problems

- being damaged by water, etc. - never happened to me

- Apple's software problem - ???

Is anyone here able to help me? I am afraid to turn off my Mac coz I am not sure if I will be able to use it tomorrow (lol).

Thanks a lot!

Braňo

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 6:14 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Keyboard & Touchpad problems (MacBook Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.