Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad will not go into recovery mode

After making a mistake and not clicking on Restore when I put my iPad air into recovery mode the first time, (I clicked on Update) My iPad now continually goes disabled. But first it goes to the white screen that says press home button to upgrade. After doing that it asks for a password. I enter a password. then it says press home button to recover. it asks for a password again and then I enter it (it does not seem to matter which password I enter because it always asks me to verify it) then goes to the Attempting Data recovery screen with a progress bar. If I wait for this to finish, it eventually goes disabled again.

Following the instructions to force reset does not seem to work as it goes disabled again.

How do I get it to come up in recovery mode again so I can hit restore to reset to factory defaults??

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 9:41 AM

There are no replies.

iPad will not go into recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.