Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to access an iPhone 6s when you forgot pass code

I have an iPhone 6s, unlocked, 64GB, version 11.2. and I can’t access the phone because it’s asking for a passcode. It has worked find..I setup the fingerprint security and a backup passcode. However, it’s now asking for passcode after I restarted the phone and I never setup a numeric passcode……just the previous stated security and backup.

The is asking for passcode that was never setup….Help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 3:13 PM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2018 12:39 PM in response to Chucky18

Hello Chucky18,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that your iPhone is asking for a passcode that you do not remember creating and are not familiar with. In a situation like this you will need to choose one of the methods to erase your iPhone and set it up again in order to remove the erroneous passcode. The following article will provide you with the methods you can use to resolve this type of issue:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Best Regards.

how to access an iPhone 6s when you forgot pass code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.