Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to network

Whenever I start MacBook Air, it connects to wrong WIFi network and not the one I was connected to previously.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 4:58 PM

9 replies

Mar 11, 2018 6:12 PM in response to ckuan

If I enter incorrect Domain name system , and click on ok then ? DNS setttings are typed manually by clicking on plus sign , they will not get automatically saved if I delete them by clicking on minus sign

Why does DNS matter?

The Domain name system (DNS) protocol is an important part of the web's infrastructure, serving as the Internet's phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.

User uploaded file

And come to first window and click on apply , the network will not be joined .

User uploaded file

I meant that location should be automatic , no proxies are to be set a single incorrect settings will stop the Mac to join network or searching the network .

Thanks !!

Mar 10, 2018 1:10 AM in response to LucyfromNY

If you network settings are correct no outsource network ( like open network ) can be joined to your network , some settings are to be done like WPA2 Personal settings , the wireless network password is saved in keychain and in network settings see this old thread how to join the network correctly , even you delete the whole settings multiple times and then join it correctly with all credentials 10.13.3 wifi issue (doesn't automatically connect)

Mar 11, 2018 7:17 AM in response to ckuan

Hello !

Ckuan

Is only remember network this computer has joined box is only the settings to be checked and Mac will be joined automatically .

What about other settings like correct DNS , password .. etc , if all other settings are set incorrectly or even a single setting is done incorrectly will the Mac joined to network " no " as every settings as his own importance .

Connecting to network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.