Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s charging port broken

So I know it's not my cables or the devices I'm plugging my phone into, because this happens with multiple cables and devices. My phone keeps connecting and disconnecting and not charging properly. Yes, I have tried cleaning out the charging port and removing dust and lint like everyone else says works for them, and it's still not working. My phone is out of warranty by five months (go fkn figure, am I right?) so taking it to Apple is not an option because I don't have $300 to replace the phone. I can't afford another phone so I have to keep using this one... anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2018 10:18 PM

watergirl1996 wrote:

taking it to Apple is not an option because I don't have $300 to replace the phone.

Has an authorized Apple representative already told you this would be the course of action you should take?

If not, I strongly recommend you visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center and hear their recommendation.

Yes, the recommendation is likely to be somewhat costly. But "you get what you pay for." If you cannot afford it, you should seek a cheaper option - replacing the iPhone with something less expensive.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2018 10:18 PM in response to watergirl1996

watergirl1996 wrote:

taking it to Apple is not an option because I don't have $300 to replace the phone.

Has an authorized Apple representative already told you this would be the course of action you should take?

If not, I strongly recommend you visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center and hear their recommendation.

Yes, the recommendation is likely to be somewhat costly. But "you get what you pay for." If you cannot afford it, you should seek a cheaper option - replacing the iPhone with something less expensive.

Mar 9, 2018 11:26 PM in response to sberman

Wow, your response was incredibly rude and uncalled for. I simply wanted to know if anyone had another way of fixing it. I did not come here to be lectured on if I can afford a phone or not that I worked into my budget so I could afford it at $30/month. So yeah, I can afford my **** phone. Phones breaking like this isn’t normal and you can’t just expect to drop $300 on a refurbished phone because Apple is greedy. I can afford my phone just fine.

Rude. I hope you never work in customer service with that attitude.

iphone 6s charging port broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.