Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to stream video sound from my iPad to HomePod while watching the video on the iPad. Need help!

I want to stream video sound from my iPad to HomePod while watching the video on the iPad. When attempting this the video stops while the sound goes to HomePod. Need help!

HomePod, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:22 AM

7 replies

Mar 12, 2018 2:38 PM in response to turingtest2

I am usually watching TV on a third party app (CBS, Hulu, TBS, HBO GO, etc.). I tried opening the TV app on the iPad to see if streaming one of these through the TV app would solve the problem; it didn't help with CBS, but I can try others to see if that works. But maybe it only works if the content is coming from Apple?

Mar 13, 2018 9:53 AM in response to Phil0124

The problem seems to be restricted to the CBS app. All of the others that I listed above (Hulu, HBO GO, Comedy Central, TBS, etc.) able to stream audio via AirPlay to the HomePod while the associated video feed is streams on the iPad just fine. The CBS app does not appear to support this, whether or not I open it from the Apple TV app or if I go to the control center to choose HomePod for AirPlay. No matter how I do it, the CBS video freezes when I send the sound to the HomePod. Curiously, this is NOT the case when I use the CBS app and stream the audio to a different AirPlay destination (e.g. AirPort Express that connects to a sound system). In this case, the CBS video streams properly on the IPad and the audio is available from the AirPort Express.

I want to stream video sound from my iPad to HomePod while watching the video on the iPad. Need help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.