Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store on my desktop shows no purchased apps. iOS devices show different apps

I am attempting to get my apps synched across my devices. Since updated to High Sierra, I have had issues with family sharing and synching, and recently spent some time in an Apple store attempting to get it sorted. I was told to log out of everything, and log back in once I got home. Not working....

Specifically, this became an issue when my son wanted (of course) to play Minecraft on his iPhone. He is set up as a family sharing member, but the app is not on his phone. We couldn't find it except on my iPhone SE, so it is not being shared like most of our other apps.

As I have been trying to get this worked out at home, I now have logged into App store from my iMac (Apps are no longer dealt with in iTunes, it seems) and my App store account says "you have not purchased any apps". Obviously, in the last 20 something years, I have. My iPhone lists a whole bunch of apps I have bought or downloaded over the years, and my wife's and my Boy's phones each list many of those apps as well. There is a drop-down menu in the app store that shows my and my son's names and there is nothing listed anywhere.

So,

A) Why can't/How do I get my purchased apps to show up on the app store on my Mac?

B) How do I get all my devices to synch everything the way Apple says they should?

I have signed into all of my devices with the same Apple ID, and as far as I can tell have nothing hidden or blocked.

Thanks!

iMac with Retina 5K display

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 8:33 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 10, 2018 8:52 AM in response to miwero

Apps in the Mac App Store are specific to the Mac operating system. Apps that will run on an iPhone will not run on a Mac (although there are many apps that have two similar versions, one for iPhone and another for the Mac).

If you purchase an app for the Mac via the Mac App Store, it will not show in the Purchases section of your iPhone App Store app and the reverse is also true.

Mar 10, 2018 10:36 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks,

I understand the difference between iOs and Osx apps. I also realize that Apple changed the way all of these are dealt with when they took Apps out of iTunes with High Sierra. Previously, you could see all of your apps in iTunes, and load/unload them from your iOs device that way.

My real issue is that when I go to the App store from my Osx machine, it lists Nothing! My "apps" tab, as well as the 2 listed from my Family Sharing members all list as "you have not purchased any apps". While I know I have purchased Osx apps in the past, I also can't believe I cannot even view my iOs apps from my desktop machine any more? I just don't understand why it has benn so complicated...

Mar 10, 2018 1:15 PM in response to miwero

Are you using the same Apple ID to sign into the Mac App Store? Mac Apps are tied to the Apple ID with which they were acquired (paid or free). To see apps in the Purchased pane of the Mac App Store, you must be using the same Apple ID with which you acquired them.

As to iOS apps in the iTunes for Mac app, Apple removed that function. All your iOS apps are available to you from your iOS devices. Open the App Store on an iOS device.Click the user icon in the upper right and then choose Purchases.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.13.3;  Watch, 38 mm AL, watchOS 4.2.2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 7+, iOS 11.2.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 10.2.6;  Airport Express

App store on my desktop shows no purchased apps. iOS devices show different apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.