Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad is dead. how to retrieve files from itunes

ipad is dead. how to restore files from itunes window 10

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 9:11 AM

5 replies

Mar 13, 2018 1:58 PM in response to niki255

Hello niki255,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble with your iPad and retrieving your data, and I have some information that may help.

If you have a backup, you can restore it to another iPad using the steps below.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If your iPad will not turn on, it may help to troubleshoot it, if you have not done so already. Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Mar 18, 2018 8:32 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hi MoonJ,

Thank you for your time and helpful reply.

I tried with different USB cable / charger, still no luck. I took my iPad Air 2 to Apple Genius tech support. He tried charging for about 30 minutes and said my iPad is dead, probably bad "logic board". He didn't try very hard and try to get me to buy new one ;-) I will wait for new batch of iPad coming out soon.

Since my iPad is a brick, so when plug in to window 10 to iTunes...It won't see iPad.

Do I need 3rd party software to recover files ?

What software do you recommend ?

I appreciate your help.

niki

ipad is dead. how to retrieve files from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.