Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar doesn't turn on after reboot from Bootcamp

Hi all,

Whenever I shut down my Mac in Windows and reboot it in Mac,

1. The Touch Bar doesn't turn on,

2. The screen brightness stops adjusting automatically

I am aware that these issues could be solved by a SMC reset or a restart, but I don't want to go through that every time I switch between the two operating systems. This problem has only been occurring recently after a Windows 10 update. What can I do to fix it?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 9:52 AM

Hello,

I have the same issue, after coming from windows back to Mac OS my Touch Bar doesn't turn on either. To get it working I restart the computer a second time to Mac OS and it shows up, but it is very annoying to do every time.

I have had this problem since I installed Bootcamp almost 6 months ago, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with any windows update but is a problem with the Mac firmware. A lot of people have been complaining about it on the Apple forums already but it still hasn't been fixed.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 9:52 AM in response to danielwang

Hello,

I have the same issue, after coming from windows back to Mac OS my Touch Bar doesn't turn on either. To get it working I restart the computer a second time to Mac OS and it shows up, but it is very annoying to do every time.

I have had this problem since I installed Bootcamp almost 6 months ago, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with any windows update but is a problem with the Mac firmware. A lot of people have been complaining about it on the Apple forums already but it still hasn't been fixed.

Touch bar doesn't turn on after reboot from Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.