Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left and/or Airpod Not Working after re-pairing, toggling various settings, Apple TV not seeing them?

I tried everything. From multiple forums. When it hit me, why were there a lot of ppl with this same problem but not anywhere near the # of ppl who are obviously are buying them? Time is the answer, my friend, Time.

First, Airpods get dirty. Thankfully, they are easy to clean with their porcelain-ish finish. But how about the case receptors? They obviously collect dirt, dust, ear wax, pizza crumbs, etc. So, I tried the only thing that has worked: Clean the Airpod Case and the stems of the Airpods, themselves.

Follow these steps:

1) Take the Airpods out of the case.

2) Grab a Q-tip.

3) Get your wife's bottle of nail polish remover (or your own - acetone). Side note: I originally thought of rubbing alcohol but didn't none nearby.

4) Dip 1 Q-Tip into acetone and then into the bottom of each of the two holes in the Airpod case and twist it in there for a few seconds).

5. Take same Q-Tip and clean the bottom of the stems where the Airpod comes into contact at the bottom of the hole. Let dry for 30 seconds.

And within 1 min....voila'! Iphone did the animation (which had grown erratic), appeard as a selectable audio output on my Apple TV., etc. etc. etc.

Hope this helps as I love these things too much to be buying or waiting in line in to exchane them.

6 Devices-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4, 6 Devices....plus two Apple TVs.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 2:56 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Left and/or Airpod Not Working after re-pairing, toggling various settings, Apple TV not seeing them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.