Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When asking for user name what do I do?

I am trying to set up syncing thru Exchange. When it asks me for user name what do I type in. Not sure what to do. Trying to sync my iPhone, iPad and iMac for email.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 8:34 AM

Apple does not provide nor manage your Microsoft exchange account. They won’t know a thing about that. You need to talk to whomever provides or manages your exchange account about it. Is this a work account? If so, ask you employer about it.

18 replies

Mar 11, 2018 3:27 PM in response to stesmith2350

stesmith2350 wrote:

Wow, this gets complicated. It’s not for work, I just want to make my emails more in sync so that I don’t have to constantly erase them from each device. Just want to have it so that when I erase from one device, it erases all. Thanks and I really appreciate your help.

Any standard IMAP email service will do that. Gmail, iCloud and most other email services use IMAP these days.

Who is your email provider? What comes after the @?

Mar 12, 2018 6:28 AM in response to stesmith2350

stesmith2350 wrote:

Centurylink is my provider and my email address ends in @q.com

Then you could start by looking here - http://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/email/how-to-set-up-your-email-ser ver-settings-to-go-through-pop-and-smtp.…

According to Century Link’s web page they do not offer exchange mail services. They do offer both POP and IMAP however. And it looks like your user ID would be your full Century Link email address.

When asking for user name what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.