Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods dropping calls / proximity sensor active

My airpods dropping calls from time to time and I wondered why. Now I´ve recognized that the proximity sensor of the phone is not active during an call with airpods. This causes an active touchscreen, which is a problem, when you are walking with the phone in your pocket. I think this is a bug and should be solved.

Does anybody know if this issue is already on the list for the next update or how can I inform the developers about this bug?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:28 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 13, 2018 4:35 AM in response to matt_max

Could anyone please verify if the proximity sensor is working during a call with airpods? Does the screen turn black when anything is approaching to the phone? If not, it would not be good to perform a phone call via the pods when the phone is in your pocket. This leads to uncontrolled behaviour of your phone during pods-call like unintentional hang-ups, etc...

Airpods dropping calls / proximity sensor active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.